.

.

Friday, April 14, 2017

My Church


As children, we were raised a Catholics. I'm choosing to use that sentence very loosely. My mum said that it was a small town rationalization that lead us to this church choice. The story goes that my older sister was interested in attending, and soon the three of us girls would be shuffled out the door in our best dresses and into the Church we would go. As an adult I usually only pray while in airplanes. Ironically, can get pretty anxious on an airplane, which is when I start bargaining with God.

I went to Yogyakarta, Indonesia for two wonderful weeks while in South East Asia where I hiked an active volcano, felt like a local on the back of a boys' bike and drank amazing coffee. In a population well over 3 million where 91% of that population is Islam (the Islamic University of Indonesia is established there), I've never met such genuinely nice people or felt so safe. I do believe the majority of people who practice an organized religion are good people and have positive intentions, not oppressive or terrorist-like goals. It truly is the few fundamentalists who ruin it for everyone and for that I'm sorry. 

I like the Mormon Religion from what I know of it. When I was growing up, my dear friend was, and still is to this day, very involved in her Church and her and I openly discussed her religion. I was unable to attend her wedding as it took place in the Temple, but all the same, I was so pleased to be her Maid of Honor.  I appreciate that they don’t use the crucifix as a symbol of their religion, I can respect that their churches are practical (they have gyms in them) and not materialistically flashy like other Churches, but mostly I’m envious of their family unit and that their family values mean so much; there’s no hesitation when someone is in need. There's no second thought when someone needs help, Mormon or not. My mom often talks to the Missionaries who are around her neighborhood. She’s nice to them and often politely invites them in for a visit and a beverage. I try to follow suit with that practice.

In 2012, myself and five other individuals from around Canada joined the Samaritan’s Purse Bolivia Water Team and traveled an hour outside the city of Trinidad, Bolivia in South America for a short term volunteer project. For two weeks we worked in the small village called New Sunrise to help build and implement BioSand Water Filters and Latrines for families within the community. The project provided me the opportunity to learn the vast difference between being poverty stricken in South America and being underprivileged in North America. This community taught me that one can have merely the basic necessities to survive and still be genuinely happy. The people I worked with taught me about religion. We attended a sermon, which was translated from Spanish to English, where the speaker was explaining that the people worry about not having enough rice to feed their children, but there comes a time where they need to stop worrying and start praying. I often yearn to have this level of blind faith.

I tried a two day meditation retreat when when I was in Chiang Mai, Thailand. The ten to twenty-five minuet Mediation Sessions took its toll on me. The first night ended with me feeling like I was incapable of calming my crazy. I was restless and fighting with myself to remain still, and observe only one thought during each meditation. Happiness. Happiness. Happiness. My body was uncomfortable, as was my brain. As a side note, we ate our simple meals eaten in silence, which was another struggle. It was against human nature to eat food, fuel our bodies, in silence. I learned that night, that we humans are social creatures.
At 5:00AM I woke up to a set of long, deep gongs as the Monk rhythmically hit the bell. I only woke up once that night and my roommate was sleeping in a deep corpse pose, I was sure I was doing the same. We slept hard. Clearing one’s mind is exhausting. Day two was much of the same.

With Bhudism, Karma is essentially about cause in effect. When Monks find the truth about life, they stop being reborn and instead reach enlightenment (nirvana). Their actions in their present life  determines if they will reach enlightenment or if they don't, where they end up in their next life.

I believe in Karma. I agree with cause and effect in that everything will become equal in the end. I believe I am exactly where I need to be, in life and right now, sipping red wine, with dimmed lights and country music filling the background silence. What a perfect place to be. When on this night, some people are bringing to mind their belief in that Jesus willingly suffered and died, by crucifixion, for the ultimate sacrifice for our sin. Whatever your religions, I hope you’re having a Good Friday full of Happiness.

While traveling, there were a few times after the Meditation Retreat where moments after I woke up, I sat on my pillow, under the privacy of my mosquito netting in my four bedroom dorm, faced the wall, closed my eyes and focused on emptying my brain. Happiness. Happiness. Happiness. That mantra still echoes in my thoughts.

Kirstin

Yeah, I guess that's my Church - Maren Morris

9 comments:

  1. I'm sorry but you are not correct about being dumped off at Church. I always attended with my girls. I was also involved with your education at catechism.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $$$ GENUINE LOAN WITH 3% INTEREST RATE APPLY NOW $$$.
      Do you need finance to start up your own business or expand your business, Do you need funds to pay off your debt? We give out loan to interested individuals and company's who are seeking loan with good faith. Are you seriously in need of an urgent loan contact us.
      Email: shadiraaliuloancompany1@gmail.com

      LOAN APPLICATION DETAILS.
      First Name:
      Last Name:
      Date Of Birth:
      Address:
      Sex:
      Phone No:
      City:
      Zip Code:
      State:
      Country:
      Nationality:
      Occupation:
      Monthly Income:
      Loan Amount:
      Loan Duration:
      Purpose of the loan:
      Email: shadiraaliuloancompany1@gmail.com


      $$$ GENUINE LOAN WITH 3% INTEREST RATE APPLY NOW $$$.
      Do you need finance to start up your own business or expand your business, Do you need funds to pay off your debt? We give out loan to interested individuals and company's who are seeking loan with good faith. Are you seriously in need of an urgent loan contact us.
      Email: shadiraaliuloancompany1@gmail.com

      LOAN APPLICATION DETAILS.
      First Name:
      Last Name:
      Date Of Birth:
      Address:
      Sex:
      Phone No:
      City:
      Zip Code:
      State:
      Country:
      Nationality:
      Occupation:
      Monthly Income:
      Loan Amount:
      Loan Duration:
      Purpose of the loan:
      Email: shadiraaliuloancompany1@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. I, too, was raised Catholic at an early age. Later in life my brother's and I were given the option to leave the church which we accepted. It was not until adulthood that religion began to interest me again. I, too, have found that regardless of what denomination or religion they all tend to share common values. While each have their extremists and fundamentalists they typically contain moral people that mean well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so lovely! Our church is getting solvent everyday. Thanks to Griffin Church Loans. broker for church loan in USA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you need a Loan?
    Are you looking for Finance?
    Are you looking for a Loan to enlarge your business?
    I think you have come to the right place.
    We offer Loans at low interest rate.
    Interested people should please contact us on
    For immediate response to your application, Kindly
    reply to this emails below only:
    arabcreditefirm@gmail.com

    Please, do provide us with the Following information if interested.
    LOAN APPLICATION INFORMATION FORM
    First name:
    Middle name:
    Date of birth (yyyy-mm-dd):
    Gender:
    Marital status:
    Total Amount Needed:
    Time Duration:
    Address:
    City:
    State/province:
    Zip/postal code:
    Country:
    Phone:
    Mobile/cellular:
    Monthly Income:
    Occupation:
    Which sites did you know about us.....
    arabcreditefirm@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be careful here. Nobody can help you here or even suggest how you can get financial help. Any answer of a loan lender to your question, you MUST ignore,because they are SCAMS…real SCAMS…i was a victim of which i was ripped thousands of dollars…well thank God for a Christian sister who referred me to a loan organization formed by some Christian Women Trust Fund. it is called Christian women Trust-funds Cooperative Organization (C.W.T.C.O) christainwomen.trustloanfirm@gmail.com They made my life a valuable one and gave it a meaning. When the sister gave me their contact, I contacted them. Then I requested for a loan with all the necessary evidence to prove that I actually needed a loan, they approved a loan of $50,000.00 USD in 48 hours after meeting up to their necessary requirements, my loan was deposited in my bank account without collateral. Though i was very nervous with the loan organization at first due to my previous bad experiences, especially when the issue of me settling the Registration charges came up, I hold on to my faith due to the fact that my relative referred me, got it cleared,and as God should have it, little did I know that my financial shortcomings has come to a final end. If not for that quick referral from a christian sister to this genuine source ,I would have regretted my total life,because at that point in time i just divorced the father of my son, and my son (Kennett) was faced with a life and death situation. I was faced with his hospital bills and i was also faced with foreclosure at my apartment. Details of this GOD-SENT organization won’t be disclose for now for fear of impersonation ( because it has been discovered that some persons are not really in need of financial help, but they just want to collect money from this genuine christian loan organization). And it is because of this reason they don,t give out loan anyhow. You must be able to convince them very well, and provide good proofs to show that you really need a loan before they can approve it for you. Their charge is very affordable and reliable compare to many out there,their interest rates is just 4%, from 1-10years repayment little documentation,and little credit check. As i have earlier said, for security reasons i can only provide their email address. Embrace this new initiative.Feel free to contact them via Email(christainwomen.trustloanfirm@gmail.com) as their loan officer/rep sir Kerron Cruickshank will attend to you and you will be free from scams and financial burdens

    ReplyDelete

  6. We offer you a good opportunity to take out a loan.
    - Flexible repayment schedule
    - Loan amount: € 5,000.00 and above
    - The interest rate of 1.5%
    - The approval is quick
    - No collateral check

    Apply now!

    Send the Below information for correspondence:

    Name:

    Address:

    Tel:

    We are ready to close leasing with any interested client in few banking days, if interested do not hesitate to contact me direct.
    Regards

    Philip James
    Email: info.frjames1971@gmail.com
    Skype: info.frjames1971@gmail.com
    whatsapp +14243316469

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are project funder as well as financial lender. We have BG/SBLC specifically for BUY/LEASE at a leasing price of 4%+2% of face value Issuance by HSBC London and many other 25 top AA rated Bank in Europe, Middle East or USA. We also secure funding. Also We are into the provision of short term and long term business/personal loans for both small and large scale business funds.

     FOR LEASING OF BG/SBLC

    MINIMUM FACE VALUE OF BG/SBLC = EUR/USD 1M

    LEASING FEE = 4%+2%


    FOR PURCHASE OF FRESH CUT BG/SBLC

    PRICE = 32%+2%

    MINIMUM FACE VALUE OF BG/SBLC = EUR/USD 1M

    Intermediaries/Consultants/Brokers are welcome to bring their clients and are 100% protected. In complete confidence, we will work together for the benefits of all parties involved.

    Name: Muhammed Emir Harun

    Contact Mail :info.financewizardltd@gmail.com

    Skype: info.financewizardltd@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. DO YOU NEED A LOAN : TRUST ME WE CAN SOLVE YOUR FINANCE PROBLEM
    Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Cash Loan?
    Unsecured Loan
    Fast and Simple Loan?
    Quick Application Process?
    Approvals within 24-72 Hours?
    No Hidden Fees Loan?
    Funding in less than 1 Week?
    Get unsecured working capital?
    Contact Us At : ahmedconsultancycompany@gmail.com
    Phone number :+1 516-591-0949 (Whatsapp Only)

    LOAN SERVICES AVAILABLE INCLUDE:
    ================================
    *Commercial Loans.
    *Personal Loans.
    *Business Loans.
    *Investments Loans.
    *Development Loans.
    *Acquisition Loans .
    *Construction loans.
    *Credit Card Clearance Loan
    *Debt Consolidation Loan
    *Business Loans And many More:

    LOAN APPLICATION FORM:
    =================
    Full Name:................
    Loan Amount Needed:.
    Purpose of loan:.......
    Loan Duration:..
    Gender:.............
    Marital status:....
    Location:..........
    Home Address:..
    City:............
    Country:......
    Phone:..........
    Mobile / Cell:....
    Occupation:......
    Monthly Income:....

    Contact Us At : ahmedconsultancycompany@gmail.com
    Phone number :+1 516-591-0949 (Whatsapp Only)

    ReplyDelete