.

.

Thursday, June 9, 2022

The Adventure Begins

 The constant hum of the engine calms my soul. After two years of talking and months of constant planning: finding, loosing and then finding solid tenants, quitting jobs and then surviving the long days of checking off the boxes on our ever growing to-do list: uninsuring cars, purchasing malaria medication - twice, returing long lost belongings, giving important documents to family who when tell us to contact them if we need anything, I promise them that we will, I exhale, sit back and sip my coffee while listening to Mike tell our story to the girl beside him:

Snowboarding in Smithers for a season, renovating our house to rent it out (twice), and he mentions the other trips (travel, hunting and fishing) we've taken together and alone. The girl laughs as she tells him it's our first long term travel experience together despite both going to Asia separately. I scroll through Facebook and see past photos of us hiking with Hugo in Smithers and Terrace three years ago, skydiving shortly after that and photos with siblings, friends and babies. The ups and downs in our life together have both been extreme and I wouldn't have it any other way.

And now we're doing it. We found the perfect attire and walked down the isle of the airplane. I'm sardined into the tiny tin can, a friendly reminder that we're still within Canada, begging the first leg of the trip where we will trave thought out south east Asia for six months (After three days of constant travel we Finally made it to our first destination!).

Mike turns around from the seat infront of me (cheap seats mean not always sitting together) where his eyes crinkle and he nods with his facemask on. How ya doing? He asks.

So good.


Kindly,

Kirstin

I'm going to make memories with you all over the world.
8

5 comments:

  1. have a wonderful time and keep us posted, love reading your blog and I smile through this reading seeing Mikes face and yours. Safe travel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW, its Joanne T, didn't know it was going to say Anonymous, lol

      Delete
  2. Enjoy. At least he finally got you to walk down the aisle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg I totally thought of a wedding when she said Aisle!

      Delete
  3. Thanks team!
    I'm pretty sure the isle thing is the other way around

    ReplyDelete