.

.

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Secrets and Dreams



I’ve been told that we dream about what we are unable to sort out during the day, so our subconscious processes during the night. I know different things in dreams symbolize reality. Whenever I dream about entering an elevator it always starts spinning, whenever I’m driving a car, I am always unable to control the gas – I am always speeding down the highway nearly missing or completely hitting object.

It’s those vivid dreams you have when you wake up and it takes a moment to place yourself. You need to talk yourself down. Weather a good illusion, a nightmare or simply a accurate dream, the dream was so vivid and so visually precise and those feelings and reciprocations were so perfectly real that there’s no way the other individual in the dream couldn’t have had the same dream that you’d had. I guess I’d like to think this is a way I connect with those people I rarely see because they are no longer in my life either because of physically distance or on emotional grounds.


This is where I mentioned that I had this intense dream about a supervisor that I had been working with quite closely and often.  He's certainly someone that I do not intimate feelings for, and I know his wife just from the stories he tells me about them. Good, lovely stories. Regardless, it was so scandalous that when I saw him the next day, I blushed uncontrollably while he was speaking to me. He walked into a wall while I was blushing and unable to make eye contact. Perhaps we shared the same dream?


I yearn for these dreams with some people. There are so many people in my life that I feel I have unfinished business with. I`m certain these individuals in my life that have only been in my life for a short season were meant to stay longer. They were to stay more than merely the lesion. As the country song goes: I`ve lost good friends to foolish pride. But with others, it had nothing to do with smugness or choice, but it was more timing and fate. So, I stay under covers for a few more minutes than usual and relish in warmth of the blanket and the dream. I head off to work with the bittersweet reminder of how happy I was with a person in my life but also, how surely we will probably not ever meet up again.
 
A previous partner and I went our separate ways - it was agreed that this was best, but it wasn’t exactly a mutual decision. I had initiated the breakup, but we were to remain on friendly terms, but it was too much for him.  After having a dream about him, which, might I add wasn’t even a romantic dream, it was simply a dream so real that I’m sure I was lucid, I sent him a text. I asked what he dreamed about the previous night. His response was that it was the first time in six days he hasn’t dreamed about me. I have spoken to him or dream about him since.

 Dreams are illustrations from a book your soul is writing about you.










No comments:

Post a Comment