.

.

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

The Bushbabes



I still introduce Theresa as my Forced Friend. Minutes after entering my new home (which I would claim as mine for the next year), and after concluding a ten hour drive she appeared, as requested by my dear landlords, at my door as chatty and extroverted as ever; with that, the wine bottle uncorking began, as did our friendship.

Julia and I were introduced, ironically, at a less than friendly Collective Agreement meeting that was put together by our company. With her being relatively new to the job as a Supervisor and me being new to my admin position, we had much to discuss. We found a shared love for our dog-children and tarot card readings.

It took mere days to introduce the two together and even less time was needed for me to consider them my closest of friends. Each of us lived on our own down the same dirt road in the woods; we quickly referred to ourselves as the Bushbabes.  I’m not sure I’ve ever before met girls who both displayed such self-worth through their conscious choices to live the lives they wanted rather than the conventional once outlined for them. Their confidence and contentment came from their preference to be single until they found their soulmate rather than settling for anything less. Their intelligence could be easily seen from the attention and thought they put into their ever developing and influential careers.

Theresa’s sister, Anna, spent a summer with us, helping out with firewood and whatever adventures we found over the weekends. For three months she was a fabulous fourth addition to the Bushbabes. That girl has the largest of hearts, and given a little sassiness, she will be reaching great heights of happiness in her life. Our nights were filled with campfires and champagne on Julia’s ranch, potlucks and wine tasting in Theresa’s log cabin and hot tubing on my Acreage. Rarely ever did we venture into town; there was simply no need as we had all the entertainment we needed.

As time passes it always creates change and Theresa left our shared road, and Vanderhoof, just after the New Year. We did have the pleasure of a Bushbabe reunion earlier this week, which we ventured into the little city and branch out of our traditional ways by having lunch at the local Pizzeria.  Naturally, this was quickly followed by campfire and wine in the woods.

Though our personalities are dramatically different, for about a year the three of us were independent, bad ass women each living alone on some land. These girls have made me love my time here so much more than they could comprehend and the impact they have made on my outlook on life going forward will far exceed that short stint on that dirt road, The Bearhead. 

Kindly,

Kirstin

Not all girls are made of sugar and spice. Some girls are made of sarcasm, wine (champagne) and everything's fine.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment